| Patrick Star
| Character Information
Patrick Star is SpongeBob's best friend. He is a dim-witted but well-meaning Starfish,He's not the smartest fish in the sea. Patrick is quite overweight and loves ice cream and many other junk foods. He is the deuteragonist of the show. He resides under a rock. Spongebob and Squidward are his neighbors.
Patrick is portrayed as fat, lazy, unmannered, unintelligent, and generally ignorant. Unlike most of the other main characters, Patrick lacks a nose. Because of this, he generally cannot smell (such as in "Something Smells" in which SpongeBob has bad breath). However, in the episode, "No Nose Knows", Patrick receives a nose through plastic surgery. However, when Patrick tries to get rid of every bad smell, SpongeBob,Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Sandy deform Patrick's nose by building a giant ball of trash and sewage. In Season 1, due to unsteady animation, his eyebrows were thin and in the shape of a couple of M's. Beginning in Season 2, his eyebrows were slightly thicker and shaped like Z's. In several episodes Patrick is shown to variously have a full set of teeth, a single tooth, and sometimes none at all.
Patrick's intelligence is generally low, although it varies from episode to episode. In some episodes, Patrick has trouble with even the most rudimentary tasks and displays little common sense or intelligence. Other times he can appear almost brilliant, and is prone to fits of temporary intelligence which confuse the other characters. In the episode "Tentacle Vision", Squidward asks Patrick "Just how stupid are you?" to which Patrick replies "It varies". In earlier episodes, Patrick appeared to be somewhat more intelligent, often making profound comments and often being very articulate.
Patrick seems to detect malice and sarcasm more easily than SpongeBob, indicating that he is more attentive or emotionally connected than other characters. He is generally well intentioned but often inadvertently causes trouble both for himself and also his friends.
In "Rule of Dumb", Patrick was discovered to be of royal blood and briefly reigned as King of Bikini Bottom. The true heir to the throne turned out to be Gary The Snail, who is revealed to be Patrick's cousin.
- Patrick has also had many jobs. However, he is not very good at any one of them. These are the ones he usually had:
- Krusty Krab Worker: This is the main job Patrick usually tries. In the episodes:
- Big Pink Loser: He swept dust all the time, spilled dishes on purpose, and tried to open a jar of jam.
- Bummer Vacation: He was the replacement fry cook. He put Krabby Patties dirty on him and cleaned the toilets (or used)
- That's No Lady: Patrick, disguised as a girl named Patricia, can do a very good job to stay in town, but Mr. Krabs and Squidward fell in love with him.
- Pat No Pay: Patrick Star must make enough money to replace his bill. He destroys the Krusty Krab with trash.
- 20,000 Patties Under the Sea: He is assistant manager to SpongeBob as the restaurant mobile to bring Krusty Krab to the people He also has a job in kitchen duty.
- Lights, Camera, Pants!: (PC Version) He worked his own lemonade for a short time. He earned 25¢.
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie: He was supposed to help SpongeBob clear Mr. Krabs's name when King Neptune blames(and freezes, and nearly kills) him and save Bikini Bottom.
- Inventor: He invented the:
- Pencil (already invented)
- Lightbulb (already invented)
- Mirror or called a parallel universe (already invented)
- Automatic Back Scratcher, Hair Comber, Nose Picker, Ukulele Tuner 9000
- King of Bikini Bottom. (Rule of Dumb)
- Jellyfisher, Jellyfisherman Expo Convention Joiner I Was a Teenage Gary and That's No Lady
ResidenceSquidward and 400-yards away from the Krusty Krab. His address is shown on his ID licenses, one from Mermaidman and Barnacleboy III and Driven to Tears. The home's exterior is featureless, apart from a small yellow weather vane, which is shown falling off on numerous occasions.
Patrick is sometimes shown to sleep on the ceiling in hos rock, although far more often he is shown sleeping in a traditional bed. Patrick spends much of his day sleeping under his rock. There are many inconsistencies in the depictions of his house due to the nature of the cartoon and utility treatment of backgrounds: in one episode, his house is depicted to be nothing but a bed and a chest of drawers, yet in others he appears to have a kitchen and a living room. Also, certain episodes tend to depict the surface below the rock to be completely flat, while in others there is a considerable amount of depth below it. Patrick claims to have built the house himself. In New kish in town he rents his front yard.
As Nickelodeon says of Patrick's house in a commercial bumper: "What's really beneath this famous rock? The home of Patrick Star. While the outside never changes, a closer look inside reveals that Patrick's house is never set in stone. Sometimes, there's just sand. Other times, there's a small den. Occasionally, there's a large master bedroom. And there's the Multi-Room Complex featuring an eat-in kitchen, arched doorways, and a hi-def TV. Rock on!"
Near Death Expeirience
Pressure: He, SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs are nearly eaten by seagulls.
Survival of the Idiots: He and SpongeBob are savagely mauled by Sandy for disturbing her during hibernation.
Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm: He and most of Bikini Bottom's citizens are crushed by the giant worm.
SpongeGuard on Duty: He and SpongeBob nearly drown in Goo Lagoon.
I Had an Accident: Flies right into a mountain, electrocuted in the face by a jellyfish, and (along with Sandy) attacked by a gorilla.
Patrick SmartPants: Falls off a cliff twice in the episode.
Krusty Towers: He, SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs are nearly killed in the Krusty Towers' destruction.
Born to Be Wild: Jumps off a plane and lands on a rocket.
Spy Buddies: He, SpongeBob, and Plankton are almost killed by lasers that destroy the Chum Bucket.
Sun Bleached: He, SpongeBob, and several Bikini Bottomites are disintegrated by the burning lights.
SpongeBob vs. The Big One: He, SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs are nearly killed by the Big One.
Krusty Krushers: He and SpongeBob are brutally beaten by the two wrestlers throughout the episode.
Sand Castles in the Sand: He and SpongeBob are nearly killed in the collision of their planes.
No Hat for Pat: Gets severely injured from constantly falling on his face. He later falls into a bucket of sea urchins, only to land on Squidward.
Frozen Face Off: Frozen in a block of ice.