Welcome to the Amazing World of Gumball Page!
The Amazing World of Gumball (sometimes referred to simply as Gumball) is a British-American animated television series that airs on Cartoon Network. It was created by Ben Bocquelet. On May 3, 2011, a sneak preview of the episode The DVD was shown after the premiere of The Looney Tunes Show. It officially premiered on May 9, 2011, with the episodes The DVD and The Responsible. According to the Cartoon Network website, The Amazing World of Gumball is the one of the most popular shows on the channel, along with Adventure Time and Regular Show.
- There were some posters made in early 2011 (January-March) during the plans, hinting the vast changes between the pilot and these posters, to the finished concept on air today.
- Anais had whiskers.
- Tina was more realistic.
- Darwin's shading on his legs were brown.
- Idaho had a lighter color.
- The logo was in a different color.
- Miss Simian's classroom looked different.
- Penny's antlers were brown.
- The Wattersons' house had eyes.
- Rob was originally a female.
The Theme Song!
- The Amazing World of Gumball was originally titled Gumball only, even before Gumball Watterson was the main character or made.
The show took two years to make.
The Amazing World of Gumball was named "Cartoon Network UK's first original series", despite it being produced by Dandelion Studios and it's world premiere being in America.
The show has been renewed for a second season before it even premiered.
It was originally supposed to be an Adult Swim show about reject cartoon characters attending a remedial school.
The series changed air dates from Monday to Tuesday to accompany Level Up in America.
It appears that every episode had the word "the" in its name.